Monday, August 16, 2010

Letter of the week - from Tammy

Here’s my letter of the week, from a lovely girl, T. I’ll call her Tammy!

Hey there, Sarah,

I recently finished reading your second book and decided to get in touch. I was just wondering how you managed to come up with such a great storyline? The books. There isn't any words for them. They are just so good.

I'm trying to write a book myself and was just wondering if you have any tips? Also are you planning on making the books into a film if you haven’t already.

I'm waiting for the next book come out. i even ordered one that isn’t due out until next year. rather sad I know, but they are the kind of books that are really hard to put down, and when you've finished, you just wanna go straight to the next book. I hope you get in touch.

Tammy x

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your lovely email. I'm so glad you liked Amy Green's adventures. I'm working on the 4th book at the moment - it will be called Party Drama-rama and is about Sylvie's hen party, a very unusual boy called Bailey Otis who will first appear in book 3 in October.

I don't know where I get my ideas really! First I come up with the characters for a book, and then think about the kind of things they might get up to, and then the stories just seem to write themselves as the characters take over.

But I do use some 'real' things in the books. In Boy Trouble the Bebo bullying story was based on a story I read in the paper. And in Summer Secrets, Lough Ine is a real place - and it inspired that storyline.

And in Bridesmaid Blitz (out in Oct) the Paris hotel is based on a real hotel I stayed in, and the trips Amy takes in Paris are trips I took myself and also loved. Like visiting the Mona Lisa, and checking out the shops in Monmartre. It’s such an amazing city.

Writing tips - read a lot for a start, write every day if you can, and don't give up. If you start a story, try to finish it. There are more tips on my website also. Good luck!

All the best,

SarahXXX

PS Yes, film rights have been snapped up, but no more news as yet – keep checking the website for news!

No comments:

Post a Comment