Monday, January 26, 2009

Sunny Monday

I'm looking out the window of my study (avoiding work!) and it's actually sunny! Yeah! Where have you been, sun? I've missed you soooo much. Please stay and hang out. It hasn't been the same without you.

I'm travelling to Belfast on Wed to read to people at Belfast Central Train Station - how weird is that? Writers have to do the strangest things sometimes. I'll be there between 11.30 and 12.30 in case you're from Belfast.

No 1 weirdest book thing I ever had to do - let me see: it has to be pumpkin carving in Limerick - true story - went down to sign books in a shop and ended up carving pumpkins (which I'm actually ok at, so it wasn't a total disaster). Bet Jackie Wilson never had to pull out the slimey entrails of a pumpkin though!!! Or maybe she did - must remember to ask her sometime. (I also work as a children's reviewer and bookseller - so I get to meet fab writers all the time - isn't that jammy - most famous is prob JK Rowling.)

And I'm talking at my old school on Thursday and Friday - St Andrew's College in Dublin. Which will be tres weird also. Some of the teachers are the same - 20 years on. Yikes!

I'll let you know how I get on. Did I like school? Sometimes. I made some great friends there, friends I still have now.

Better go and do some work - Amy Green 2 is waiting . . .

If you've read Amy Green, 1 - Boy Trouble - let me know what you think: sarah@askamygreen.com

Talk soon,

Sarah XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment