Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Derek Landy and John Boyne

Cool Writers Part 1 and 2: Derek Landy and John Boyne


I know a lot of you love reading - and guess who I bumped into recently at the Irish Book Awards launch - none other than my fellow writer friend, Derek Landy. I first met Derek about a month before his debut Skulduggery book came out, and I've had great fun following his career and chatting books with him ever since. He's a truly fab and cool guy and I think his novels are getting better and better every year.

But the COOLEST thing about Derek is the way he treats his fans. My son, Sam is a mega Derek fan and Derek kindly drew a wee pic on a napkin at the launch and let me take a pic of him holding it for Sam. Needless to say Sam was thrilled!
Derek rocks!

And ask for John Boyne - he's bfs with none other than Danni Minogue, the best judge in the X-Factor by miles. How impressive is that! He was at the show on Saturday with his sister - I'm green with envy.

I have such cool writer friends. And they write pretty fantastic books too!
More on my writer friends soon, including some rather fab pics of me in a pink limo with none other than Cathy Cassidy - if I can find the bloomin' pics that is!

Sarah XXX
PS expect lots more blogging action in the New Year my Amy Greensters, I'm only warming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment