Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Hi to all the girls in Rathdown School

I visited a school called Rathdown today - it's just down the road from me in Glenageary. One of the girls in 2nd year - Kate - helps me with my Amy Green books (she's thanked on the first page in fact) and I promised I'd visit her school to say thank you.

The girls were great - very into books and reading. They loved authors like Jackie Wilson, Cathy Cassidy, Sarah Dessen (yeah, I love Sarah Dessen - Truth About Forever rocks!), and of course Twilight, surprise, surprise.

They asked some fab questions and gave me a purple orchid to say thanks for talking to them - sweet. And they asked me back in a few months to talk to them again. Suckers for punishment I say!

I was in Skerries Community College last week - 4th, 5th and 6th class - mixed school this time - and they were also great. 6th year were huge - loads of 6 footers - they made me feel like teeny-tiny woman - I'm only 5 foot something and I'm convinced I'm shrinking.

I do love visiting schools - I've done loads of school visits over Feb - but I'm going back to the writing now - full steam ahead! I have to get the second Amy Green book edited and ready for all you eager beaver readers.

Thanks for all the lovely emails by the way - so nice to hear from you all and I'm thrilled that you like the first Amy Green book.

Keep reading!

Sarah X

(PS special hi to the fellow Harriet the Spy fan out there - I do adore Harriet!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment