Tuesday, June 8, 2010

June - Book News for Amy Greensters!

Hi All,

Apologies for the lack of posting recently - I've been working away on Amy Green 3, Bridesmaid Blitz. I'm delighted to say it's finished now and I'm really pleased with it. It's out in October and I'll post a sneak peak of the first chapter soon, but until then, here's the first few lines:

Chapter 1

‘I’m soooo depressed,’ I moan. ‘I can’t believe we’re back at school tomorrow. Kill me now.’ I grab my best friend, Mills’s GHDs and pretend to stab myself in the heart. ‘Oh happy dagger. Let me die.’ Then I stagger backwards, fall onto her bed and squash her against the star-patterned duvet.
‘Ow, Amy. Get off me, you eejit,’ she squeals. ‘And stop with all the Shakespeare. I don’t want to be reminded of English class, thanks very much.’
I laugh and roll sideways. We both lie on our backs, staring up at the ceiling.
There’s something stuck to it. A photo. I squint up my eyes, then grin. Ed Whooley’s tanned face is smiling down at us.
‘Nice pic,’ I say . . .

Stay posted if you want to read on.

And coming next month - info on an Amy Green event in Kildare in August and also the Armed, Pink and Dangerous tour with Sophia Bennett and Judi Curtin in October.

SarahX

No comments:

Post a Comment